Friday, November 14, 2008

Updation Station

I'm haunted daily by the idea of people checking this blog and there not being anything new and exciting for 20 daysish. I would hate for your dedication to dwindle. Besides being a bit on the busy side, I haven't had anything too crazy too write about in recent. However, it seems there have a been a few fun activities. I am still waiting on the pics to come in, but once they do, I will obviously post them here.

Daily, I fill my time with nine hours at school - most of them are fun filled. My love and
 frustration continue to grow for my kids with every passing period. Their personalities are shining through all too brilliantly. There are kids who I thought were the kindest, most innocent little kittens that have become deceitful, passive aggressive bullies. Don't worry, that stuff does not fly in my class. With me, they have become far more comfortable... too comfortable. All Korean's enjoy a - what should I call it? - thumb plug?! Here me out, it is a cultural thing, a game. The kids think it's funny to poke you with their thumb when you turn around. This also does not fly on my watch! Overall, they are buttons who bring me 70% joy, 20% frustration and 10% anger - no aneurism yet, just a couple close calls. Part of working with kids is their constant germ sharing. I have come to terms with the fact that I will be sick a lot, as are the other teachers. There are always three others that share in my sniffles and blows. Speaking of the other teachers, they are all pretty cool. Shoot, I just like new friends. Ashley from Canada with boyfriend Andrew have become my closest friends. She is so chill and hilarious. We are practically inseparable on every adventure. 
Whether I mention her or not, she was probably there. I have
 concluded that I like almost all of them for the simple fact that it takes a certain soul to embark on this journey - I guess I like th
at soul. Everyone is so warm and friendly, eager to be besties. It's
 weird introducing myself to people now... before they were always introducing themselves to me - the new girl! I am no longer the new girl. Trippy. It is a simple reality - with every going away party, a new person enters the circle.

Not being the new girl, I have found that I am learning my way around and everything is done with far greater ease. I go on the bus, tube, and take taxis by myself now. It feels good to be independent... outside of my apt ;) The apt has become home. I am hanging Christmas lights and in the process of painting the mural - I have only thought of what I want to do with it, no final plans - once that is done, it will be all me!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute stories. If you find an English Bulldog - save his life and send him to me!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here with a powdered sugar upper lip and a spoon clutched in my greedy claw as I eat frozen puppy chow and read your Kelsey in Korea blog (sickly creative your title is! Love the play on words).

As I read and imagine, I wonder, when did my best friend grow up and become such a eloquent and, at the same time, expressive writer? I can see your depth -- such a rich rich, grounded soul you have. You have are living your life and I'm so proud of you. You leave me and probably every other reader thinking: Why am I not doing this with my life?

Keep the realness going, I looove it!